Friday, February 10, 2012

Desires of My Inner SuperMom

As a mother, I have an endless list of activites I want to do with my kids someday.  I call them the desires of my inner supermom.  These activites include foods I want to make, places I want to go, games I want to play, and projects I want to complete; all as part of an effort to be lovingly called, "The Best Mom in the World!!!"  Periodically I will post these ideas so that all the other mommies out there can add to their own lists of "Things I Dream About But Definitely Will Never Find Time to Do With My Kids."  Here's the first post: 


Look at that.  This, my dear readers, is the Cupcake Cone. Delicious, clever, and surprising, these cupcakes impersonating ice cream cones are sure to delight!  These would be perfect for your child's birthday party.  Heres how to do it:

Stretch heavy duty foil across a deep souffle dish.  Cut about 10 holes in top to hold rolled sugar or waffle ice cream cones.  Place cones upright in dish.  Pipe or spoon  cupcake batter into cones to fill 2/3 to 3/4 full, making sure to get batther into the botoom of the cones.  Use your favorite cupcake recipe or use a mix if your feeling less than ambitious.  My favorite recipe is for these Buttercake Cupcakes: http://www.bhg.com/recipe/cupcakes/buttercakes-with-sour-cream-frosting/. Once you've portioned the batter into each cone, bake as directed or until top springs back when lightly touched.  Top with sorbet or icecream, whipped cream and a maraschino cherry. In a word, yum.

Alternatively, you can try these: 



Same concept, only now your using the cones with the flat bottom so you can simply place them in a cupcake baking sheet.  Instead of icecream, top with icing and add sprinkles for a tasty treat that is super cute.  Try the sour cream frosting recipe from the link given above.  It is fantastic.  My next birthday party I'll definitely be making these.  Or maybe the birthday party after that...  Well, someday...

No comments:

Post a Comment